Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Movies: Superhero Overload


Is it just me or every other movie coming out is something from a novel or a comic book? It seems like Hollywood is running out of ideas.
Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against seeing an angry Hulk tearing it up in the big screen or an uber hot Scarlett Johansen in a tight, black, body-hugging outfit. Stan Lee is making a killing with all these superhero movies coming out.
What is wrong anyway? Is Hollywood getting lazy or just riding the popularity wave of comic books?
I can't even remember the last time I saw a 'good' movie that has nothing to do with Tolkien, Rowling, or Lee.
I guess it's also us the consumer that drives these movie makers into bringing these comic book heroes into life. For somebody that grew up reading The X-Men, why would you want to pass up the opportunity to see if Jean Grey is as hot in the movies as in the comic book. It's just feels like Hollywood is just not doing a good job anymore. It more like that dumb kid that keeps on copying the smart kid's answers during a pop quiz. It keeps our expectations low.
Though I don't mind seeing a hot Emma Watson.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Relaxed Weekend. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes And Web Hosting Reviews.